Glowing Green Smoothie
1. 1 1/2 cups water ( sometimes more to make drinkable )
2. 1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
3. 1/2 of large bunch of organic spinach (or 3/4 small bunch)
4. 3 or 4 stalks organic celery
5. 1 organic apple, cored and chopped
6. 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
7. 1 organic banana
8. Juice of 1/2 organic lemon
9. OPTIONAL: 1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems okay), 1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems okay)
I add spirulina powder also.
Coconut water would also go ok in this.
Add the water and chopped head of romaine and spinach to the blender.
Starting the blender on a low speed, mix until smooth.
Gradually moving to higher speeds, add the celery, apple, and pear. Add the cilantro and parsley if you choose. Fresh herbs, like cilantro and parsley, have cleansing properties that help extract heavy metals and other toxins from the body. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
This recipe produces about 60 ounces. Kimberly recommends that a woman drink about 16-25 ounces every morning. You can store the rest of the liquid for a day or portion it out and freeze.