Preparation time: 15 minutes, cooking time: 5 minutes. Makes 4–6 patties
- 400g (14oz) lean chicken mince (ground chicken) or tuna
- 1–2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup grated sweet potato (yam)
- Spelt or wholemeal flour to coat patties
- Small amount of butter or coconut oil
Place all the ingredients, except the spelt flour, in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer the blended ingredients into a bowl. Shape into four or six burgers and toss lightly in the spelt flour.
Heat a little butter / oil and cook patties for 3–4 minutes each side. Alternatively brush patties with butter / oil and bake in the oven, turning once. Serve with steamed vegetables.